The Best Spring Wines
With spring upon us, now is the perfect time to transition from those heavier reds of winter to lighter, fruitier, crisper wines. At Nick’s of Clinton, we have all of the wines your heart could desire, as well as delicious options for food pairings and top menu items. Visit us today to learn more about our selection and find the perfect bottle for a romantic evening, a relaxing night at home after work, or your next dinner party. In the meantime, read on about some of our favorite wines for spring—
Best Types of Wines for Spring
When the months warm, heavier, fuller-bodied wines may lose their appeal, as may the foods that they often accompany. To keep up with the seasons, consider mixing it up with some of these warmer-weather wines for spring and summer—
- Young Pinot Noir. If you love red wine and can’t imagine giving it up for the summer, you don’t have to! A young pinot noir will give you that red-fruit flavor without getting too deep and funky—this is why finding a young pinot noir is very important. This wine will offer crisp and bright raspberry flavors that pair with nearly any protein dish.
- Prosecco. Yum! What’s better than a glass of bubbly on a warm day? Whether you’re celebrating or just craving some fizz, this is a perfect light wine that you can drink nearly any time of day and pair with nearly any food item. We love prosecco with fresh fruit.
- Pinot Grigio. Another white wine that is crisp and fresh and perfect for light summer meals is pinot grigio. Pinot grigio is a very light and dry wine that traditionally features undertones of pear, stone fruits, and lemon.
- Rosé. Rosés are a fantastic choice and can be consumed from spring through summer and into the fall. Rosés can be sweet or dry—in the summer, we recommend something lighter and drier. Try a sparkling rosé for an extra pop!
- Dry Riesling. When most people think about rieslings, they think about sweet wines. However, dry rieslings are a great option for summer, and will help you to avoid the headache the next day. Most rieslings also have a modest level of alcohol, making them a perfect choice for weeknights.
- Sauvignon Blanc. Finally, a spring wine list wouldn’t be complete without a sauvignon blanc. There is a lot of variety in sauvignon blanc, and it’s hard to go wrong. Known for its high acidity and citrus flavors, you’ll love this wine all season long.
Best Food Pairing for Spring Wines
Now that you’ve selected the best wines for spring, it’s time to pair them with some delicious meals. While food pairing will vary slightly depending on the wine of choice, most of the following items will go great with any of the wines listed above!
- Grilled fish and other seafood
- Smoked fish and chicken
- Greens and vegetable salads
- Goat cheese
- Fresh fruit, especially berries and citrus
- Grilled chicken
While red meats are typically paired with red wines, we believe that good food and good wine always go hand-in-hand! If you’re not a fish person, consider pairing your wine with duck or pork. A steak salad can also be a great option!
Where You Can Buy Spring Wines Near You
At Nick’s of Clinton, we have a wide selection of wines of all types (and yes, we do have red wines available too!). Our team can guide you through your wine options and help you to select the perfect wine for whatever meal you have in mind. We also have all of the groceries that you could possibly need, making us your one-stop shop for all of your dining desires. If you’re in a rush and don’t have time to put together a full menu, we also have pre-prepared dinner classics available. Just reach out to one of our team members and let us know what you’re in the mood for and how we can help.
Come to Nick’s of Clinton for All of Your Shopping Needs
As the weather continues to warm, we recommend branching out from your usual wines to try something lighter, fruitier, and crisper. At Nick’s of Clinton, we have the selection of wines that rivals any wine store, as well as the food pairings that you’ll love. To learn more about our store and how we can help you prepare for any event, ranging from a solo dinner to a large party, visit our store today. We look forward to seeing you!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!